Business Controller till Global Expansion H&M
Do you know a top talent with strong analytical skills and a passion for doing business? Is this person looking for an exciting career within a value-driven, global retail company? Then read further!
As one of the world’s largest fashion companies with more than 171,000 employees worldwide, H&M Group is an exciting and dynamic place to pursue a career within the fashion industry. When you begin a career with us, there’s no limit to where it can take you. Our many unique brands all over the world offer endless opportunities for you to explore your own path. Join more than 171,000 great people who have already discovered that this is the place to be. And guess what – We are now looking for talented persons to join our Expansion Department as Business Controllers!
The Expansion Department is responsible for the H&M Group’s real estate portfolio, and aims to secure long term profitable growth through new locations, rebuilds and relocations. This is done from several aspects:
- Leasing – Securing a strong financial foundation for each store location
- Store Planning – Optimizing the store design based on characteristics of each location
- Interior Purchase – Our central buying function of non-commercial goods
- Construction – Project management of the expansion execution, responsible for CAPEX
- Facility management – Maintaining our properties and monitoring OPEX investments
We are now looking for new talents to join our team as a Business Controllers, as part of the team or as team lead. The main focuses will be to support the department or a single function with:
- Goal setting and budgeting process
- Financial and operational follow up / performance follow up
- Project based analysis aiming to improve ways of working and operational steering
- Data visualization – create and maintain ways to present information in MS Excel and Power BI etc.
As a Business Controller within Expansion, you will play a key role in financial and operational follow up, identifying improvement opportunities, and suggesting actions. The tasks will vary between short- and long-term initiatives, and can touch upon everything from setting targets and budgets, to follow up on our results and developing ways of working. As a Business Controller, a strong analytical skill is key to succeed in the role as well as a genuine interest in the business activities that lies within the analysis. You need to thrive in an environment where you shift focus between holistic, multi-dimensional analysis to very specific tasks such as compiling data, review data quality and preparing presentation material. As you are operating in a highly international environment you should also feel comfortable to work in English and collaborate with many different cultures.
Last but not least, this is a great opportunity for those who want to pursue a long-term career within one of the world’s largest fashion retailer.
To succeed in this position, the candidate probably have:
- A degree within business or engineering, and a minimum 2-5 years of work experience following your graduation (2 years is as relevant as 5, as we’re offering positions with different levels of responsibility).
- A natural drive to achieve results and a proven track record in your roles so far
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate and present your findings in an inspiring way
- Comfortable to work with Excel and PowerBI
- Fluent in English
In addition to above, we are looking for someone ambitious, competitive, humble, and a fast learner. The candidate value own responsibility, fast pace, teamwork and straight forward communication. As this is a global role, an international profile and flexibility in terms of travel is a plus. Most importantly, the person we are looking for is excited about the opportunity – to enable H&M to grow and at the same time optimize our store portfolio.
The position is full time, located in Stockholm with starting date as soon as possible.
Do you know a great talent that would be suitable for this exciting role at H&M? Please send your recommendation as soon as possible, but no later than the 30th of April. If you have questions regarding the role, please contact email@example.com.