Legal Counsel to Mitigram
Who are we?
Mitigram is one of the most exciting Fintech companies in the Nordics. Strong growth, among the world’s largest corporates and banks as our clients, and leading investors ensure we have a lot of exciting tasks and opportunities for anyone who joins at this stage.
Mitigram has developed a world-leading online marketplace built for the Trade Finance community. Our product is recognized by thousands of individuals from Montevideo to Shanghai. We are the fastest growing Trade Finance platform in the market. Mitigram was voted Best Fintech Disruptor in Trade by Global Trade Review in 2017 and won the EuroFinance Technology Innovation award in 2019.
Trade Finance itself is the part of banking that supports trillions of dollars’ worth of trade every year, facilitating business between buyers and sellers across the globe. Without Trade Finance the world would literally stand still.
We are looking for…
A Legal Counsel to support our growth and minimize our risks by overseeing all legal aspects of Mitigram’s business, whilst providing legal advice and support to Mitigram’s executives in relation to our business and operations.
The successful candidate will be a skilled and driven lawyer, with several years’ experience with an international law firm and/or as in-house legal counsel, a pragmatic mind and strong business acumen.
You will be the first member of the legal team and will report to the CFO/COO.
Your main responsibilities will be to…
- Consolidate and manage all contractual drafting and negotiations with Mitigram’s expanding customer base to support sales
- Instruct and manage the relationship with external legal counsels in various jurisdictions globally
- Draft and negotiate employment agreements
- Conduct legal diligence and transaction execution in fundraising efforts
- Research and evaluate different risk factors associated with Mitigram’s business decisions and operations; advise on legal risks and legal liabilities
- Fulfil the role of Data Protection Officer
- Keep the management team updated on relevant new laws and regulations relating to Mitigram’s business and operations – Represent the legal function in internal committees and working groups
- Perform Board secretarial duties
- A completed master’s degree in law
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience from a reputable law firm with international exposure or as in-house legal counsel in an international company
- Experience or interest in data privacy and protection
- Experience or interest in IT legislation
- Structured and well organized, with high attention to details
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Swedish
You might also have some of the following skills and experience…
- Experience from the financial and/or software sectors or of regulated industries
- Experience from having acted as in-house legal counsel at large corporates or financial institutions
- Our office is located in central Stockholm
- You will work with smart, fun and talented colleagues from all over the world in a dynamic, friendly, inclusive and trusting environment